- Started as a way for me to learn Electron.
- I also needed a cross-platform Spotify AD blocker. I had one on Windows and a separate one on Mac.
- What if there was one app for all platforms?
- Spotify ADs are a common issue: Teachers would often run across the classroom to mute Spotify ADs.
- Needed to learn how to use Electron
- Learn how to use two new languages - HTML & CSS
- New to OAuth flow - Needed to learn OAuth authentication flow.
- My NodeJS version was different from the version a native Node module was built in. Needed to learn how to rebuild Node native modules.
- Mutes Spotify application/Speakers when AD is playing.
- Shows basic song information in the application:
o Song name
o Artist names
o Explicit rating by Spotify
o Duration of song
o Current progress of song
o Toggleable AD block (If you want to hear the AD you can toggle the AD blocker off)
o Toggleable stickiness (If you want the app to be sticky - stay on top of all other windows)